How to Keep your Vinyl Floor Looking Like New?
Initial Maintenance (within 24 hours of installation)
● Keep traffic light during the first 24 hours so adhesive can dry properly (if adhesive was used)
● If the floor has been seamed, avoid stepping on the seam sealer for 24 hours so it can dry undisturbed ;
● Avoid scrubbing or washing floor for at least three days after installation. Spot clean floor avoiding all seams ;
● When moving heavy furniture or appliances across the floor, always use wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor ;
Routine Maintenance (daily/weekly as needed)
● Sweep your floor regularly (at least once a week) to remove loose dirt.
● Prevent stains by wiping spills promptly.
● Occasional mopping with professional PVC Floor Cleaner is recommended when dirt builds up and sweeping alone is not sufficient. Use a solution of 2 to 3 capfuls of the Cleaner (or clear, non-sudsy ammonia) in one gallon of warm water. Using more than the recommended amount of cleaning solution may leave a dulling film. Do not use soap or detergent products as they will leave a dulling film. If time permits, rinsing will provide the best care and highest shine.
●Luxury vinyl Roll floors have a low gloss. Use polish or "mop and shine" products only if you wish to make the floor shiny.
● After several applications of polish, an occasional stripping and reapplication of polish may be necessary. This may also be necessary for excessive dirt and grime build-up. After thorough cleaning, rinsing, and drying, apply PVC Floor Polish to restore the shine. High traffic areas may require more than one application of polish. Allow polish to dry "tack-free" between coats.